When you need care for a minor illness or injury, Indigo will meet you where you are.
Indigo Virtual Care makes it easy to get the urgent care you need on your terms and schedule – from home, the office, on campus or on the road. And you’ll always get the same high-quality care from the same trusted and board-certified clinicians you would normally see in one of our Indigo locations.
What are the benefits of Indigo Virtual Care?
When you’re under the weather or out of sorts, doesn’t a pillow fort sound better than a waiting room or waiting in traffic? Indigo Virtual Care visits can happen from wherever you are. All you need is a mobile phone, computer or tablet.
In addition to convenience and comfort, virtual visits offer other benefits:
- Less germ sharing. From colds to flu to COVID (and a whole bunch of other stuff floating around out there), virtual visits can help stop the spread of infectious illnesses by limiting contact and exposure. That’s a big plus for people who are elderly, pregnant, or have a compromised immune system or chronic illness.
- A better assessment of your health. When a clinician sees you in your home, they may be able to get a better handle on what’s going on. For instance, your surroundings may offer clues about what’s causing your allergy or asthma symptoms.
- More appointment availability. With virtual care, there’s no reason to wait for an appointment or upend your schedule to see a doctor. Simply book a time that works for you – today, tomorrow or next week.
- Cost effectiveness. Convenience doesn’t come with a higher price tag. The cost of a virtual care visit compared with in-person care is typically the same or less, depending on your insurance.
What are the most common conditions that can be treated with virtual care?
Indigo Virtual Care treats most minor illnesses and injuries that our clinicians see in person at our neighborhood locations. So, when you have a weekend-warrior mishap or a bug that’s laying you flat, we got you. And you get care from the comfort of your couch.
The most common conditions we treat with virtual care include:
- Strep throat. An Indigo Virtual Care clinician can determine if your symptoms might be strep throat. If strep is suspected, you can visit one of our convenient clinics for a throat swab. All Indigo locations offer rapid strep testing, giving you results within minutes. And if strep is the culprit, you can pick up your prescription on the way home.
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis). Did you know that pink eye is the most searched urgent care term online? Around 6 million people in the U.S. are affected by the highly contagious condition each year. For school-aged kids, pink eye is nearly a rite of passage. A visit with one of our virtual clinicians can help get to the root of those uncomfortable symptoms.
- Cold/flu or COVID symptoms. A virtual visit is a great way to go when respiratory gunk, body aches and other unpleasant symptoms get the best of you. A clinician will assess your symptoms, provide a treatment plan and determine if further testing is needed. All our Indigo clinics offer onsite rapid testing for flu and COVID.
- Allergy symptoms. From seasonal sneezes to food-induced hives, allergies can be a pain. A virtual clinician can assess your symptoms and recommend treatment to help control your mild to moderate allergy symptoms.
- Prescription refills. Ok, it’s not a medical condition, but it is an amazing convenience. Why haul yourself to a clinic when you know what you need to feel better? For instance, if you’ve had UTIs in the past and know the symptoms, let a Virtual Care clinician set you up.
That’s just for starters. Check out a full list of what Indigo treats virtually.
How do Indigo Virtual Care visits work?
Think of Indigo Virtual Care as your “easy” button when it comes to health care. All you need is a computer, smartphone, tablet and a reliable internet connection.
Here’s how virtual visits work:
- Indigo Virtual Care is available 8 am to 8 pm, every day.
- Sign up by giving us some basic info about your symptoms and how you feel.
- Meet face-to-face with a clinician to talk about your symptoms. You’ll receive a diagnosis, treatment plan, prescription or specialist referral, if needed.
- If you do need a prescription, we’ll send it to the pharmacy of your choice.
From start to finish, an Indigo Virtual Care visit is typically 25 minutes or less.
Indigo Virtual Care is covered by most major insurance plans. For more information, visit our insurance and pricing page.
What cannot be treated virtually?
While virtual care is an excellent option for most minor illnesses and injuries, it isn’t appropriate for every condition. Some symptoms and situations require an in-person visit.
Here are a few examples:
- Annual school and sports physicals.
- Ear infections.
- Any documentation that requires a physical signature.
- Labor & Industries (L&I) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) paperwork.
- Bipolar disorder.
Do not use Indigo Virtual Care if you or a loved one has serious or life-threatening symptoms. Visit your nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
If you or someone you know is in severe distress or has suicidal thoughts or behaviors, seek emergency treatment immediately. The following resources are free, confidential and available 24/7:
- Dial 988 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Text HOME to 741-741, the Crisis Text Line.
Who can use Indigo Virtual Care?
Anyone over 18 years of age can create an Indigo Virtual Care account. Once you’re set-up, it’s easy to add adult dependents and minor children to your account. Visits for minor children must be completed by a parent.
If you’re wondering if Indigo Virtual Care is right for you or a loved one, or you have any questions about our virtual services, call 253-403-2130. You can also visit our locations page for a direct phone number for a convenient neighborhood Indigo clinic near you.