- Location: Tacoma, WA
- Category: Management
- Employment Type: Full time - Regular
- Primary Shift: Day
- Work Schedule: Day
You Belong Here.
At MultiCare, we strive to offer a true sense of belonging for all our employees. Across our health care network, you will find a dynamic range of meaningful careers, opportunities for growth, safe workplaces, and flexible schedules. We are connected by our mission - partnering and healing for a healthy future - and dedicated to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
FTE:: 1, Shift: : Day, Schedule: Day Shifts
Position SummaryThe Area Manager-Retail Health is a lead administrative position responsible for the oversight and management of the daily operations for multiple affiliated Retail Health and ancillary service locations (4-7) that are geographically dispersed in the region. The Area Manager will need to travel to the various clinics on a regular basis and be available during business hours (including night/weekends). This individual maintains broad ownership of all administrative functions of the clinic locations, including operations, marketing, finance, assisting in managed care/third party contracting when requested, physician compensation and reimbursement information when requested, human resource management, medical and business information systems, ancillary service general knowledge and planning and development. In partnership with the regional Clinical Care Director, this individual maintains the highest quality clinical and service experience for every customer at every site.
- Master of Science in Nursing or Doctorate in Nursing Practice
- Successful completion of the American Nursing Association National Certification Test for Advanced Practice
- Licensed by the State as an ARNP and RN
- Prescription authority licensure in State and the DEA
- Two years experience as a ARNP in applicable setting preferred
- BA or BS in relevant field
- National certification
- State Physician Assistant License
- Prescription authority licensure in State
- Two years experience as a PA-C in applicable setting preferred
- Master’s degree in healthcare, communications, education, business or related field
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of direct Customer Service and coaching experience within the healthcare field will be considered in lieu of a master’s degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years of direct clinical healthcare experience
- Ten (10) years of professional/technical experience in the health care industry
- Significant experience in project management, managing targets and timelines
- Experience in facilitating groups and managing improvement processes surrounding communication and teamwork in a healthcare environment
As a MultiCare employee, we'll rely on you to reflect our core values of Respect, Integrity, Stewardship, Excellence, Collaboration and Kindness. Our values serve as our guiding principles and impact every aspect of our organization, including how we provide patient care and what we expect from each other.
- Mission-driven: Partnering for healing and a healthy future
- Market Leadership: Washington's largest community-based, locally governed health system
- Technology: "Most Wired" healthcare system 10 years in a row
- Employee-centric: Named Forbes "America's Best Employers by State" in 2021
- Lifestyle: Live and work in the Pacific Northwest - offering breathtaking water, mountain, and forest at every turn
Pay and Benefit ExpectationsMultiCare provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary, medical, dental and retirement benefits and paid time off. As required by various pay transparency laws, MultiCare shares a competitive range of compensation for candidates hired into each position. The starting pay for this position is $86,154.00 and the pay scale is $86,154.00 - $123,968.00 USD. However, pay is influenced by factors specific to applicants, including but not limited to: skill set, level of experience, and certification(s) and/or education. If this position is associated with a union contract, pay will be reflective of the appropriate step on the pay scale to which the applicant’s years of experience align.
Associated benefit information can be viewed here.